- Featured Sponsored Online Engineering Programs & Short Courses:
- Vanderbilt UniversityM.Eng. in Engineering Management Online - Ranked in the top 15 globally. No GRE required.
- Purdue UniversityMS in Engineering Technology Online - 100% Online Master of Engineering Program
- MIT Sloan School of ManagementMIT Sloan Artificial Intelligence: Implications for Business Strategy online program - Develop an artificial intelligence integration plan online in 6 weeks, with MIT Sloan School of Management.MIT Sloan Machine Learning: Implementation in Business - Discover the opportunities for machine learning in business over 6 weeks online
- Harvard's VPALHarvard CRISPR: Gene-editing Applications online short course - Explore the applications and ethics of gene-editing in the Harvard VPAL CRISPR: Gene-editing Applications online short course.
TypesofEngineeringDegrees.org started out as a small personal research project in 2011, with no intention of being developed further. While the information on the site has been published on the web for some time it was mainly for personal use. After realizing the site was receiving visitors (fairly regularly), we felt it was worth developing into a resource that could be useful to anyone considering an engineering degree. The articles are written to be informative but not overly formal in the hope this provides an easy-to-digest resource for anyone interested in engineering.
There are many types of engineering degrees available and many different paths your career can take based on your initial choice of degree. For many this can be a difficult decision. Our hope is the information presented on the site can play a small role in helping you to decide on the engineering degree that best suits you.
Help us keep our website up to date. If you see information on a school listing that needs updated, please be sure to let us know. Likewise if you are interested in featured placement or advertising opportunities, you can contact us at the following email (substitute the ‘at’ for the @ symbol): schools at typesofengineeringdegrees.org.
Engineering Data, Facts, and Figures
We do our best to directly source all data, facts, and figures, including school information and salary information, directly within every piece of content we write. Any data or numbers, rankings, facts, and figures, are gathered from different resources around the web. Below are our most-used resources:
- Institute of Education Sciences – link
- Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology – link
- US Bureau of Labor Statistics – link
The People Behind TypesofEngineeringDegrees.org
Michael – Writer
Michael is a writer with a strong interest in technical subjects, including technology, mechanics, and engineering. Michael is married to an engineer and has several family members in the engineering field. A lot of the ‘shop talk’ in Michael’s circle of family and friends revolves around engineering, which inspired him to start this website. In mid-2014, Michael decided to put some more effort behind the development, funding, and writing to continue to increase the usability of the website for prospective engineers.
Jessica – Writer
Jessica is the main writer for TypesofEngineeringDegrees.org, and is instrumental in making sure the website continues to publish concise, useful, and informative content for prospective engineers. Jessica is an ambitious engineering student at Washington University, but has always had an interest in Journalism. Jessica uses writing as her creative outlet, which works well for TypesofEngineeringDegrees.org!
We strive to provide information that is helpful to anyone looking at engineering as a career possibility. At times throughout this website, we may display featured school advertisements that we think make sense for someone visiting this site looking for an education in STEM, and in return receive a marketing fee for the placement. Any school we place on the website will be vetted and will be accredited, but you should be sure to fully investigate each and every program and school, regardless of if you find them on this website or another website.
Looking Forward for TypesofEngineeringDegrees.org
The site will be updated frequently until all disciplines of engineering are covered in full. We also plan on continuing to build a database of engineering schools by state for those interested in schools offering engineering in their area.