- Featured Sponsored Online Engineering Programs & Short Courses:
- Vanderbilt UniversityM.Eng. in Engineering Management Online - Ranked in the top 15 globally. No GRE required.
- Purdue UniversityMS in Engineering Technology Online - 100% Online Master of Engineering Program
- MIT Sloan School of ManagementMIT Sloan Artificial Intelligence: Implications for Business Strategy online program - Develop an artificial intelligence integration plan online in 6 weeks, with MIT Sloan School of Management.MIT Sloan Machine Learning: Implementation in Business - Discover the opportunities for machine learning in business over 6 weeks online
- Harvard's VPALHarvard CRISPR: Gene-editing Applications online short course - Explore the applications and ethics of gene-editing in the Harvard VPAL CRISPR: Gene-editing Applications online short course.
There are only four ABET-accredited engineering schools in Arizona. The most prevalent programs across all universities in Arizona are within the Aerospace Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering areas of study. The most widely offered engineering degree is a Bachelor's of Engineering, which is common nationwide.
- Syracuse University's College of Engineering and Computer Science offers an online M.S. in Computer Engineering, teaching students to create groundbreaking hardware and software solutions, can be completed in as few as 15 months, and has GRE waivers available. A Bachelor's degree is required.
Click here for admissions information.
Online Engineering Degrees in Arizona
Engineering students in Arizona have a few options for online learning.
Undergraduate students can earn online degrees in Electrical Engineering or Engineering Management from Arizona State University.
Graduate students have more options when it comes to distance learning. The University of Arizona offers Master of Science and Master’s degrees in the following fields:
- Engineering Management
- Industrial Engineering
- J. David Lowell Master of Engineering in Mineral Resources
- Mining and Geological Engineering
- Systems Engineering
The University of Arizona also offers graduate certificates in four additional fields:
- Geomechanics/Rock Mechanics
- Mining Occupational Safety and Health
- Mine Production and Information Technology
- Systems Engineering
Campus Based Engineering Schools in Arizona
There are four colleges and universities in Arizona that offer engineering degrees for the Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctorate levels:
- University of Arizona (Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctorate)
- Northern Arizona University (Bachelor’s, Master’s)
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Prescott Campus (Bachelor’s)
- Arizona State University (Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctorate)
An engineering student who is planning to pursue their studies in Arizona has a plethora of options available. In addition to the old standbys such as studies in aerospace, mechanical and electrical engineering, other areas of study that Arizona college students can partake in include Materials Science and Engineering at Arizona State University, Hydrology at the University of Arizona, and Software Engineering at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. However, Arizona engineering students should note that they have the opportunity to enroll in one of dozens of engineering majors in the state.
Popular Arizona Cities for Engineering Programs
Due to the sheer size of the program and its academic options for students at all levels, the answer to that question would probably be Tucson. Tucson is the home of the University of Arizona, which has 27 engineering programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Another city with great academic options for future engineers is Tempe, the home of Arizona State University. This school has 15 degree programs in engineering, as well as eight concentration and specialization areas.
Top Engineering Employers in Arizona
Two engineering companies in Arizona are Arcadis/Malcolm Pirnie and HDR Engineering.
Arcadis/Malcolm Pirnie is a global consulting and engineering firm that specializes in water and environmental consulting and engineering. They design and build projects for government agencies and large companies with a focus on providing sustainability, mobility and a good quality of life. There are more than 74 civil, mechanical and project engineers making up the staff of more than 1,700 employees.
HDR Engineering is a consulting and engineering firm that designs and builds structures in various markets, including industrial, architecture, oil and gas, waste, mining and transportation. HDR Engineering employs over 200 people, 53 of which are software, mechanical and civil engineers. They focus on not only design and construction but on sustainability and the environment.
List of Accredited Engineering Programs
Engineering Degree GuideUse the following Engineering Degree Guide to find degrees in all different types of engineering, and to find engineering schools in every state in the U.S.
Engineering Degrees by Level
Computer Engineering Degrees
Electrical Engineering Degrees
Engineering Management Degrees
Mechanical Engineering Degrees
Civil & Bio Engineering Degrees
Online Engineering Degrees
Engineering Schools by State
The Top Engineering Degrees Online
- Bachelors in Engineering
- Masters in Engineering
- Engineering Management
- Computer Engineering
- - MSCE | Online MSCE
- Software Engineering
- Hardware Engineering
- Online Computer Engineering
- Online Software Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Engineering Technology
- Mechatronics Engineering