Many engineers that decide to get a Doctoral degree choose something other than engineering, mainly because the options are so limited for Ph.D in engineering degrees, but also because it helps them diversify their skillset for the business world.
Many opt for a Doctorate in Project Management or a Doctorate in Business Administration, which helps them continue to advance, sometimes to executive levels, within their company. A PhD in Engineering or Project Management helps give engineers perspective on how a complete project works regardless of the department or company.
- Featured Sponsored Online Engineering Programs:
- Vanderbilt UniversityM.Eng. in Engineering Management Online - Ranked in the top 15 globally. No GRE required.
- Purdue UniversityMS in Engineering Technology Online - 100% Online Master of Engineering Program
- Syracuse UniversityM.S. Computer Engineering - 100% Online M.S. of Computer Engineering Program
- Syracuse University's College of Engineering and Computer Science offers an online M.S. in Computer Engineering, teaching students to create groundbreaking hardware and software solutions, can be completed in as few as 15 months, and has GRE waivers available. A Bachelor's degree is required.
Click here for admissions information.
Doctorate in Engineering and Project Management degree options are listed below. Simply click on a listing to request more information on the school’s program. You will definitely want to discuss tuition rates, employer reimbursement options, and what each program’s courses or curriculum looks like. Those questions are best discussed with the engineering department admissions representative at the school.
★ Featured Online Doctorate Degrees
The following sponsored schools are currently accepting applicants for their graduate programs. Click “MORE INFO” to find out more about their program and to ask their admissions representatives about their program.