- Featured Sponsored Online Engineering Programs & Short Courses:
- Vanderbilt UniversityM.Eng. in Engineering Management Online - Ranked in the top 15 globally. No GRE required.
- Purdue UniversityMS in Engineering Technology Online - 100% Online Master of Engineering Program
- MIT Sloan School of ManagementMIT Sloan Artificial Intelligence: Implications for Business Strategy online program - Develop an artificial intelligence integration plan online in 6 weeks, with MIT Sloan School of Management.MIT Sloan Machine Learning: Implementation in Business - Discover the opportunities for machine learning in business over 6 weeks online
- Harvard's VPALHarvard CRISPR: Gene-editing Applications online short course - Explore the applications and ethics of gene-editing in the Harvard VPAL CRISPR: Gene-editing Applications online short course.
There are 14 ABET accredited universities in our database that have engineering degrees. In total, engineering programs of various levels and concentrations are available in 25 different schools (some of which are not ABET accredited, but are accredited by another regional or national accrediting body).
- Syracuse University's College of Engineering and Computer Science offers an online M.S. in Computer Engineering, teaching students to create groundbreaking hardware and software solutions, can be completed in as few as 15 months, and has GRE waivers available. A Bachelor's degree is required.
Click here for admissions information.
Engineering Colleges in Colorado
The cities with the most engineering schools are Denver with six, Colorado with five and Aurora with four. However, Golden has the most engineering programs, thanks to the engineering-focused Colorado School of Mines, which has twenty-seven different programs.
Engineering degrees in Colorado span a wide spectrum of concentrations including aeronautical, architectural, biological, bio-medical, chemical, civil, computer, construction, electrical, drafting and design, management, physics, technology, environmental, general, industrial, materials, mechanical, systems and telecom. Of the programs, Electrical Engineering is the most widely-offered in Colorado.
Engineering Schools in Colorado to Consider
One top university, Colorado School of Mines in Golden, offers twelve different Bachelor of Science Engineering degrees with concentrations in Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Environmental, Mechanical, Metallurgical and Materials. Post-graduate degrees are offered in ten different areas that also include nuclear and hydrology. See more on their geotechnical engineering programs in the below video.
Another major university with extensive engineering options is Colorado State University in Fort Collins. This institution offers Bachelors of Science degrees in nine different areas of concentration. As well, the Colorado State Graduate School offers Masters and Doctorate degrees in eight different fields.
The University of Colorado in Boulder offers twelve different Bachelors in Engineering programs . And the Graduate School presents six different Masters and PhD options.
The US Air Force Academy offers nineteen different engineering programs.
Some other universities and colleges or branches of larger institutions offering engineering programs are situated throughout Colorado. These include University of Denver, Metropolitan State University Denver, Colorado State University in Pueblo, University of Colorado in Denver and Colorado Springs, Colorado Technical University, Lincoln College of Technology, Pikes Peak Community College, Colorado Mesa University, and Fort Lewis College.
Online Engineering Degree Options at CO Universities
Current online programs offering accredited graduate degrees in engineering are:
- University of Colorado-Colorado Springs: The areas of concentration for online Masters degrees are Engineering Management, Space Operations, Systems Engineering, Energy Engineering.
- Colorado State University: The areas of concentration for online Masters degrees are Bio-medical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Engineering Management, and Systems Engineering.
- In addition, several Junior Colleges in Colorado offer Associate degrees and undergraduate engineering courses that may be easily transferable to the larger four-year institutions.
Top Engineering Employers in Colorado
Two of the largest engineering firms in Colorado are URS Corp. and MHW Global Inc.
URS Corporation is an engineering firm that is now part of the AECOM group, which has ranked among the best engineering firms. URS provides consulting, construction and engineering services to various sectors and across many markets. Some of the projects completed by URS include Kennedy Space Center complex management and operation and the Port Washington Generating Station in WI. The URS Corporation has about 6,000 employees. There are many civil engineers working at URS.
MHW Global Inc is a water and natural resources firm that provides consulting, construction and technical engineering services around the world. There are more than 7,000 people working at MHW, many of which are civil, environmental and mechanical engineers. MHW is also the 15th-largest employee-owned company in America. Some of their services include road construction and management; marine station reconstructions; dam and power stations planning, design and construction; and various reconstruction projects.
List of Accredited Engineering Programs
Engineering Degree GuideUse the following Engineering Degree Guide to find degrees in all different types of engineering, and to find engineering schools in every state in the U.S.
Engineering Degrees by Level
Computer Engineering Degrees
Electrical Engineering Degrees
Engineering Management Degrees
Mechanical Engineering Degrees
Civil & Bio Engineering Degrees
Online Engineering Degrees
Engineering Schools by State
The Top Engineering Degrees Online
- Bachelors in Engineering
- Masters in Engineering
- Engineering Management
- Computer Engineering
- - MSCE | Online MSCE
- Software Engineering
- Hardware Engineering
- Online Computer Engineering
- Online Software Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Engineering Technology
- Mechatronics Engineering