- Featured Sponsored Online Engineering Programs & Short Courses:
- Vanderbilt UniversityM.Eng. in Engineering Management Online - Ranked in the top 15 globally. No GRE required.
- Purdue UniversityMS in Engineering Technology Online - 100% Online Master of Engineering Program
- MIT Sloan School of ManagementMIT Sloan Artificial Intelligence: Implications for Business Strategy online program - Develop an artificial intelligence integration plan online in 6 weeks, with MIT Sloan School of Management.MIT Sloan Machine Learning: Implementation in Business - Discover the opportunities for machine learning in business over 6 weeks online
- Harvard's VPALHarvard CRISPR: Gene-editing Applications online short course - Explore the applications and ethics of gene-editing in the Harvard VPAL CRISPR: Gene-editing Applications online short course.
Furthering an education in engineering provides a vast opportunity for growth in one's career. With a variety of specific areas within the subject, accredited schools with multiple programs are easy to find in Connecticut. The options are offered within multiple forms at all levels of degree and admissions, all with great results. Connecticut has all to offer when choosing the best path for an education in engineering.
- Syracuse University's College of Engineering and Computer Science offers an online M.S. in Computer Engineering, teaching students to create groundbreaking hardware and software solutions, can be completed in as few as 15 months, and has GRE waivers available. A Bachelor's degree is required.
Click here for admissions information.
Common Types of Engineering Areas in Connecticut
Schools in Connecticut include the study of all different aspects of engineering. The most common area of study offered is Electrical Engineering and can be found at most schools in the state, including the prestigious Yale University. Mechanical Engineering and Computer Engineering programs accredited by ABET are also common in Connecticut, across numerous universities in the state. The programs are located widely throughout the state and the schools range from the community level to the Ivy Leagues.
Online Engineering Degrees in CT
Online courses are prevalent in-state as well. Programs exist at multiple schools including The University of Bridgeport with online courses such as Masters Degrees in Computer Science and Technology Management, as well as Undergraduate and Graduate studies in Biomedical Engineering at The University of Connecticut. These online courses offer flexibility and different tuition options in a setting that might be easier for some to further their education.
CT Engineering Degree Levels Detail – Undergraduate and Graduate
Students can also take other paths such as the Associates Degree program at Norwalk Community College or Bachelor Degree options in Industrial or Software Engineering at Quinnipiac University. Both schools also participate in online courses.
West Hartford sees many engineering students at The University of Hartford. It graduates the most in the state with both on-campus and online studies in the various degrees of the subject. The school offers programs of the Associate level up to the Doctorate and holds moderate admission standards.
Top Engineering Employers in Connecticut
Two large companies utilizing engineers are Sikorsky Aircraft and Wright Pierce.
Sikorsky Aircraft is an American aircraft manufacturer known for its many makes and models of Sikorsky airplanes, helicopters and miscellaneous aircrafts. More than 15,000 employees work at Sikorsky Aircraft, and their staff includes various civil, manufacturing and industrial engineers. The role of the engineers is in designing the parts, drawing up the blueprints, ensuring its quality and craftsmanship and promoting its sale. Sikorsky Aircraft’s parent company is United Technologies Corporation.
Wright Pierce is and employee-owned multi-disciplinary engineering firm that provides various engineering services, including planning, funding and financing assistance, construction management, design, consultation, forensic investigations, infrastructure, regulatory assistance and training. They also cover various markets such as municipal, industrial, governmental and commercial. Among the staff of more than 200 employees are many licensed engineers. Wright Pierce has been ranked among the top 500 design firms in the country for five consecutive years.
List of Accredited Engineering Programs
Engineering Degree GuideUse the following Engineering Degree Guide to find degrees in all different types of engineering, and to find engineering schools in every state in the U.S.
Engineering Degrees by Level
Computer Engineering Degrees
Electrical Engineering Degrees
Engineering Management Degrees
Mechanical Engineering Degrees
Civil & Bio Engineering Degrees
Online Engineering Degrees
Engineering Schools by State
The Top Engineering Degrees Online
- Bachelors in Engineering
- Masters in Engineering
- Engineering Management
- Computer Engineering
- - MSCE | Online MSCE
- Software Engineering
- Hardware Engineering
- Online Computer Engineering
- Online Software Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Engineering Technology
- Mechatronics Engineering