- Featured Sponsored Online Engineering Programs & Short Courses:
- Vanderbilt UniversityM.Eng. in Engineering Management Online - Ranked in the top 15 globally. No GRE required.
- Purdue UniversityMS in Engineering Technology Online - 100% Online Master of Engineering Program
- MIT Sloan School of ManagementMIT Sloan Artificial Intelligence: Implications for Business Strategy online program - Develop an artificial intelligence integration plan online in 6 weeks, with MIT Sloan School of Management.MIT Sloan Machine Learning: Implementation in Business - Discover the opportunities for machine learning in business over 6 weeks online
- Harvard's VPALHarvard CRISPR: Gene-editing Applications online short course - Explore the applications and ethics of gene-editing in the Harvard VPAL CRISPR: Gene-editing Applications online short course.
There are some engineering options in the state of Delaware. The most popular option seems to be the University of Delaware, but Delaware State University and Delaware Technical Community College have engineering programs as well. The schools are spread throughout the state, so students can choose which school is most convenient for them.
- Syracuse University's College of Engineering and Computer Science offers an online M.S. in Computer Engineering, teaching students to create groundbreaking hardware and software solutions, can be completed in as few as 15 months, and has GRE waivers available. A Bachelor's degree is required.
Click here for admissions information.
Delaware Engineering Colleges
Three of these institutions are part of Delaware Technical Community College. The other two institutions are Delaware State University and the University of Delaware. These five institutions offer programs ranging from associate degrees all the way up to doctorate degrees. Specific examples of programs include the DTCC associate degree in civil engineering technology and UD’s Doctor of Philosophy in Ocean Engineering.
Newark seems to be the most popular city in Delaware with an engineering school. UD’s main campus is located in Newark, and UD is the one school in Delaware that can award a bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in engineering. Most of the engineering programs at UD operate in a traditional or face-to-face format; however, that is not the only option for earning a degree. UD offers an online Master of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering as well as a Master of Engineering, Mechanical. Prospective students living in a state other than Delaware need to check whether they may enroll in online courses at UD.
Options for a Bachelor’s in Engineering in Delaware
College students in Delaware have a few options for completing a bachelor’s degree in engineering. The UD College of Engineering offers complete bachelor’s degree programs for biomedical engineering, chemical engineering, civil engineering, computer engineering, electrical engineering, environmental engineering and mechanical engineering. Students can also begin at DSU on a path for electrical, mechanical or civil engineering.
In this option, the student completes the first two years of an engineering degree at DSU. The student then transfers to a different school as a junior to complete the engineering degree (source).
A third option for a bachelor’s degree in engineering is the connected degree program at DTCC. A student in this program spends two years earning an associate’s degree at DTCC and then transfers to a partner school as a junior to complete a related bachelor’s degree. The DTCC associate’s degree in electrical and computer engineering is part of the connected degree program, and the partner school is UD. This option can cut the cost of tuition significantly since only two years of the program are at a senior-level educational institution.
Top Engineering Employers in Delaware
Two largest companies in Delaware that utilize engineers are DuPont and CDA Engineering.
DuPont is the fourth-largest chemical producer in America and the developer of various polymers and products such as Teflon, Corian, Lycra, nylon, neoprene and Freon, among many others. With all its subsidiaries, DuPont has more than 64,000 employees. A large portion of the production staff consists of engineers in various fields of engineering.
CDA Engineering is a civil engineering design firm that specializes in construction management, civil site design, land planning and development, surveying and water resources. What started as a staff of two has grown to a team of several employees, mostly civil engineers and designers. Since their start in 2006, CDA has successfully completed 50 academic projects and 40 residential and commercial projects.
List of Accredited Engineering Programs
Engineering Degree GuideUse the following Engineering Degree Guide to find degrees in all different types of engineering, and to find engineering schools in every state in the U.S.
Engineering Degrees by Level
Computer Engineering Degrees
Electrical Engineering Degrees
Engineering Management Degrees
Mechanical Engineering Degrees
Civil & Bio Engineering Degrees
Online Engineering Degrees
Engineering Schools by State
The Top Engineering Degrees Online
- Bachelors in Engineering
- Masters in Engineering
- Engineering Management
- Computer Engineering
- - MSCE | Online MSCE
- Software Engineering
- Hardware Engineering
- Online Computer Engineering
- Online Software Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Engineering Technology
- Mechatronics Engineering