- Featured Sponsored Online Engineering Programs:
- Vanderbilt UniversityM.Eng. in Engineering Management Online - Ranked in the top 15 globally. No GRE required.
- Purdue UniversityMS in Engineering Technology Online - 100% Online Master of Engineering Program
- Syracuse UniversityM.S. Computer Engineering - 100% Online M.S. of Computer Engineering Program
The state of Kansas is in a prime location for engineering with its proximity to oil fields, agriculture, high-tech industries, and bioscience, in addition to traditional engineering fields. This makes studying engineering in Kansas and getting a job in a growing industry afterwards very appealing to future engineers.
There are 30+ different types of engineering degrees available at 6 ABET-accredited Kansas engineering schools. There are also other universities or colleges in Kansas that have regional or national accreditation and engineering programs that many people find suitable.
- Syracuse University's College of Engineering and Computer Science offers an online M.S. in Computer Engineering, teaching students to create groundbreaking hardware and software solutions, can be completed in as few as 15 months, and has GRE waivers available. A Bachelor's degree is required.
Click here for admissions information.
Online Engineering Degrees in Kansas
While a physical campus has its benefits, it is not practical for everyone. Many students find that an online program is much better suited to their needs, and the state of Kansas has a viable online engineering program option with Kansas State University and multiple community colleges. Additionally, there are a number of online engineering schools that are out of state, but have flat tuition rates.
Top Engineering Schools in Kansas to Consider
Two engineering schools in Kansas are ranked in the top 150 schools in the nation by US News National University Ranking. Each university has distinct benefits, but both campuses are good choices for students who are interested in an on-campus experience with a small town atmosphere.
- The University of Kansas not only boasts an engineering program ranking of #94 in the U.S., but it also has nine different engineering programs, including chemical and petroleum engineering degree paths.
- Kansas State University comes in at #99 on the list of best engineering schools with 11 different programs available to students , most notably architectural and construction engineering paths. Kansas State University, located in Manhattan, KS that also has an online engineering department in its K-State Global Campus.
More Detail on Online Engineering Programs at K-State
Kansas State University offers an online undergraduate degree in nuclear engineering, and online Master’s degrees in chemical, civil, electrical, mechanical, and software engineering, as well as engineering management and operations research.
Community College Options for Engineering in Kansas
While there are no community colleges that offer a bachelors degree in engineering, there are dozens of accredited community colleges like Allen County Community College, and Johnson County Community College that offer online credits that will easily transfer to a university to fulfill requirements for a Bachelor’s degree in dozens of different engineering fields. Engineering is a field that continues to grow exponentially, making it a wise choice for students who are looking for a degree path that has a high potential for growth and a lot of job security.
Top Engineering Employers in Kansas
Two top Kansas companies that use engineers are Spirit AeroSystems and Black & Veatch.
Spirit AeroSystems is the world’s largest manufacturer aerostructures and related products. The company designs and builds parts for Boeing aircraft, including front wing spars, cockpits and fuselage sections for the 737 and 787. There are more than 9,000 employees working at Spirit AeroSystems. In addition to aerospace and mechanical engineers, this company also has several industrial engineers as part of their engineering department.
Black & Veatch is an employee-owned engineering and design firm that services the following markets: energy, water, federal, telecommunications and management consulting. Black & Veatch has designed and built construction projects and completed complex projects all over the world. With more than 10,000 employees, they’re also leaders in the areas of procurement, consulting and planning, water and energy, engineering and design, and mining. With the vast services they provide, Black & Veatch has engineers in various fields.