- Featured Sponsored Online Engineering Programs & Short Courses:
- Vanderbilt UniversityM.Eng. in Engineering Management Online - Ranked in the top 15 globally. No GRE required.
- Purdue UniversityMS in Engineering Technology Online - 100% Online Master of Engineering Program
- MIT Sloan School of ManagementMIT Sloan Artificial Intelligence: Implications for Business Strategy online program - Develop an artificial intelligence integration plan online in 6 weeks, with MIT Sloan School of Management.MIT Sloan Machine Learning: Implementation in Business - Discover the opportunities for machine learning in business over 6 weeks online
- Harvard's VPALHarvard CRISPR: Gene-editing Applications online short course - Explore the applications and ethics of gene-editing in the Harvard VPAL CRISPR: Gene-editing Applications online short course.
There are 7 universities in Kentucky that have ABET-accredited engineering programs, and more than 30 different ABET accredited engineering degrees at those 7 universities. There are other colleges in Kentucky with engineering programs that might be suitable for you - most are either regionally or nationally accredited.
- Syracuse University's College of Engineering and Computer Science offers an online M.S. in Computer Engineering, teaching students to create groundbreaking hardware and software solutions, can be completed in as few as 15 months, and has GRE waivers available. A Bachelor's degree is required.
Click here for admissions information.
Engineering Schools in Kentucky for Consideration
Some examples of engineering programs throughout Kentucky include: University of Kentucky College of Engineering, Bowling Green State University Technology, Architecture, and Applied Engineering, University of Louisville J.B. Speed School of Engineering, Morehead State University Applied Engineering and Technology, and Western Kentucky University Engineering. The city of Louisville has the most programs (three) in one city, while the other programs are evenly scattered throughout the state.
Online Engineering Degrees at Kentucky Universities
If the distance, cost, or time-investment are too prohibitive in the traditional engineering programs, Kentucky colleges also offer a variety of online engineering programs. For example, the J.B. Speed School of Engineering at the University of Louisville offers the Master of Science in Civil Engineering as an online program. Similarly, Western Kentucky University offers an online Master of Science in Engineering Technology Management.
While Eastern Kentucky University offers several online degrees: Master in Applied Engineering and Technology Management; Career and Technical Education, Technical Education Administration; Career and Technical Education, Technology Education; and Career and Technical Education, Occupational Training and Development. If a student has not yet reached graduate-level studies yet, Eastern Kentucky University offers an online Bachelor of Science in Fire Protection and Safety Engineering Technology.
It should be noted that according to U.S. News, the University of Kentucky’s has one of the top 100 engineering schools in the nation. Not only are there a variety of options available for prospective engineers in the state of Kentucky, but there are high-caliber options as well.
Top Engineering Employers in Kentucky
Two of the top Kentucky firms utilizing engineers are Luckett & Farley and Dunaway Engineering.
Luckett & Farley – the oldest architectural firm in the nation – is an employee-owned company that offers architecture, engineering and interior design services. There are approximately 90 people employed at Luckett & Farley. A staff of multi-disciplined engineers covers markets that include industrial, automotive, higher education, federal government, healthcare and media/broadcast.
Dunaway Engineering is a civil engineering and surveying firm that covers Louisville and the greater Kentucky region. Dunaway covers all aspects of the building process and offers the following services: surveying, site development, transportation, water resources, engineered GIS services and construction. They also provide inspections and assist with zoning laws. In addition to many professional and civil engineers, their staff of about 20 includes CAD and field technicians, project managers, surveyors and staff engineers.
List of Accredited Engineering Programs
Engineering Degree GuideUse the following Engineering Degree Guide to find degrees in all different types of engineering, and to find engineering schools in every state in the U.S.
Engineering Degrees by Level
Computer Engineering Degrees
Electrical Engineering Degrees
Engineering Management Degrees
Mechanical Engineering Degrees
Civil & Bio Engineering Degrees
Online Engineering Degrees
Engineering Schools by State
The Top Engineering Degrees Online
- Bachelors in Engineering
- Masters in Engineering
- Engineering Management
- Computer Engineering
- - MSCE | Online MSCE
- Software Engineering
- Hardware Engineering
- Online Computer Engineering
- Online Software Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Engineering Technology
- Mechatronics Engineering