- Featured Sponsored Online Engineering Programs & Short Courses:
- Vanderbilt UniversityM.Eng. in Engineering Management Online - Ranked in the top 15 globally. No GRE required.
- Purdue UniversityMS in Engineering Technology Online - 100% Online Master of Engineering Program
- MIT Sloan School of ManagementMIT Sloan Artificial Intelligence: Implications for Business Strategy online program - Develop an artificial intelligence integration plan online in 6 weeks, with MIT Sloan School of Management.MIT Sloan Machine Learning: Implementation in Business - Discover the opportunities for machine learning in business over 6 weeks online
- Harvard's VPALHarvard CRISPR: Gene-editing Applications online short course - Explore the applications and ethics of gene-editing in the Harvard VPAL CRISPR: Gene-editing Applications online short course.
Pursuing an education in engineering in the state of Maryland provides a wealth of opportunities for internships and eventually, career prospects. Whether students pursue a course of study at home or in the hustle and bustle of Baltimore, opportunities abound throughout Maryland and neighboring states thanks to the concentration of high-tech and large-scale industries in the northeast. In addition, reasonable tuition and a low cost of living solidify the value of an investment in a Maryland engineering education.
- Syracuse University's College of Engineering and Computer Science offers an online M.S. in Computer Engineering, teaching students to create groundbreaking hardware and software solutions, can be completed in as few as 15 months, and has GRE waivers available. A Bachelor's degree is required.
Click here for admissions information.
Engineering Colleges in Maryland
As one might expect, the hub for these opportunities is in Baltimore; the city is home to Johns Hopkins, Loyola College in Maryland, Morgan State University, and the University of Maryland, Baltimore County, commonly referred to as UMBC. The universities offer convenient ways to make their programs available to those with scheduling constraints; UMBC, for example, offers night courses, while Johns Hopkins provides online opportunities for engineering students, such as undergraduate degrees in applied biomedical engineering, environmental engineering, and information systems engineering.
On-Campus Engineering Schools in Maryland
Whether you’re looking for an undergraduate education or an advanced degree in engineering, a school in Maryland can help you achieve your educational goals. For example, Loyola University of Maryland offers bachelor’s degrees in computer engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, and materials engineering.
For those pursuing graduate degrees, programs such as Capitol’s master’s degrees in astronautical engineering, electrical engineering, and internet engineering, all of which are available as online programs.
Multiple Types of Engineering Degrees at Maryland Universities
The United States Naval Academy offers a number of options in its Division of Engineering and Weapons, such as aerospace engineering, nuclear engineering, ocean engineering, computer engineering, and more. Meanwhile, the Whiting School of Engineering at Johns Hopkins University offers degrees in geography and environmental engineering, biomedical engineering, civil engineering, and more. And with five other schools in the state each offering a unique slate of engineering programs, it shouldn’t be difficult to follow your passion.
Top Engineering Employers in Maryland
Two of the top engineering companies in Maryland are Rummel, Klepper & Kahl LLP and Whitman, Requardt & Associates LLP.
Rummel, Klepper & Kahl LLP provides engineering, construction, multi-discipline planning and environmental services to both private and public sector clients. They’ve designed and constructed bridges, educational facilities, stadium expansions, transit systems and government buildings to name just a few. RK&K has 17 branch offices and more than 1,000 employees, many of them architects and engineers in various disciplines.
Whitman, Requardt & Associates LLP is an architectural, engineering, environmental and construction management firm that provides services in the areas of marine, civil/land development, water/wastewater, building design, transportation and construction. Some of their projects include Cedar Lane Bridge, Mechanicsville Elementary School and Pierce’s Park as well as various renovation projects. There are 650 employees working at WR&A, many of which are project or structural engineers.
List of Accredited Engineering Programs
Engineering Degree GuideUse the following Engineering Degree Guide to find degrees in all different types of engineering, and to find engineering schools in every state in the U.S.
Engineering Degrees by Level
Computer Engineering Degrees
Electrical Engineering Degrees
Engineering Management Degrees
Mechanical Engineering Degrees
Civil & Bio Engineering Degrees
Online Engineering Degrees
Engineering Schools by State
The Top Engineering Degrees Online
- Bachelors in Engineering
- Masters in Engineering
- Engineering Management
- Computer Engineering
- - MSCE | Online MSCE
- Software Engineering
- Hardware Engineering
- Online Computer Engineering
- Online Software Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Engineering Technology
- Mechatronics Engineering