- Featured Sponsored Online Engineering Programs & Short Courses:
- Vanderbilt UniversityM.Eng. in Engineering Management Online - Ranked in the top 15 globally. No GRE required.
- Purdue UniversityMS in Engineering Technology Online - 100% Online Master of Engineering Program
- MIT Sloan School of ManagementMIT Sloan Artificial Intelligence: Implications for Business Strategy online program - Develop an artificial intelligence integration plan online in 6 weeks, with MIT Sloan School of Management.MIT Sloan Machine Learning: Implementation in Business - Discover the opportunities for machine learning in business over 6 weeks online
- Harvard's VPALHarvard CRISPR: Gene-editing Applications online short course - Explore the applications and ethics of gene-editing in the Harvard VPAL CRISPR: Gene-editing Applications online short course.
The University of New Hampshire, Keene State College or Dartmouth College, an Ivy League Institution, are a couple choices. You might also consider the private institution Anslem College, which offers undergraduate degrees in Engineering, or Daniel Webster College which has a strong Aerospace Engineering program.
Manchester is the largest city in New Hampshire, and home to one center of the University of New Hampshire. As such, it may have the most to offer in terms of non-collegiate entertainment and recreation. Hanover is the site of Dartmouth College, and like New Haven, CT and Providence, RI is often seen as a "college town." The other University of New Hampshire complex is located in Durham, which is a smaller metropolis than Manchester and the Engineering Program central hub.
- Syracuse University's College of Engineering and Computer Science offers an online M.S. in Computer Engineering, teaching students to create groundbreaking hardware and software solutions, can be completed in as few as 15 months, and has GRE waivers available. A Bachelor's degree is required.
Click here for admissions information.
Online Engineering Degrees at New Hampshire Universities
Online education in engineering is scarce in New Hampshire. There are some options for courses through Daniel Webster College and the main campus of the University of New Hampshire in Durham. Unfortunately, they do not offer degree programs in Engineering online, although they have a compelling virtual library. The University of New Hampshire offers online courses in engineering, but one cannot earn a complete engineering degree online at UNH.
Graduate Engineering Degrees in New Hampshire
Masters level programs exist at all of the above mentioned schools, with the exception of the University of New Hampshire at Manchester. To pursue a Masters level program through the University of New Hampshire, one must attend the central hub at Durham.
The University of New Hampshire offers everything from undergraduate to Doctoral degrees in engineering, with a student population of about 1,100 students in the Engineering department. Dartmouth College was founded in 1769, and as a private institution comes with a larger cost. It has about 570 students in the department, 300 of whom are studying for their undergraduate degree. These are both accredited schools, as are the others mentioned above.
Outlook for Engineers in New Hampshire
Engineering can be a lucrative and rewarding career for people who have the right aptitude for science and mathematics. Mechanical Engineers, for example, have a median salary of as much as $82,000 per year (according to ONET). It is important to keep in mind however that the work is exacting and detailed, and certainly requires the right credentials to guarantee success.
Top Engineering Employers in New Hampshire
One of the top engineering companies in New Hampshire is EVS Metal.
EVS Metal is a certified engineering company that provides mechanical engineering and design services. In addition to creating blue prints, designs and drawings, they create products like panels, brackets, card cages, chassis, enclosures and electro-mechanical assemblies. EVS Metal services various markets, including medical, transportation, consumer electronics, telecommunications, oil extraction industries and gaming industries. Electrical and mechanical engineers play a large part in the design and production of EVS Metal’s products and services. There are about 100 people employed at this plant.
List of Accredited Engineering Programs
Engineering Degree GuideUse the following Engineering Degree Guide to find degrees in all different types of engineering, and to find engineering schools in every state in the U.S.
Engineering Degrees by Level
Computer Engineering Degrees
Electrical Engineering Degrees
Engineering Management Degrees
Mechanical Engineering Degrees
Civil & Bio Engineering Degrees
Online Engineering Degrees
Engineering Schools by State
The Top Engineering Degrees Online
- Bachelors in Engineering
- Masters in Engineering
- Engineering Management
- Computer Engineering
- - MSCE | Online MSCE
- Software Engineering
- Hardware Engineering
- Online Computer Engineering
- Online Software Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Engineering Technology
- Mechatronics Engineering