- Featured Sponsored Online Engineering Programs & Short Courses:
- Vanderbilt UniversityM.Eng. in Engineering Management Online - Ranked in the top 15 globally. No GRE required.
- Purdue UniversityMS in Engineering Technology Online - 100% Online Master of Engineering Program
- MIT Sloan School of ManagementMIT Sloan Artificial Intelligence: Implications for Business Strategy online program - Develop an artificial intelligence integration plan online in 6 weeks, with MIT Sloan School of Management.MIT Sloan Machine Learning: Implementation in Business - Discover the opportunities for machine learning in business over 6 weeks online
- Harvard's VPALHarvard CRISPR: Gene-editing Applications online short course - Explore the applications and ethics of gene-editing in the Harvard VPAL CRISPR: Gene-editing Applications online short course.
The field of engineering offers many attractive employment opportunities. According to the United States Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics, the occupations that are expected to offer significant growth are biomedical engineers, civil engineers, health and safety engineers, surveyors, petroleum engineers, environmental engineers, architects, software developers, sales engineers, and mining and geological engineers. The salary range for engineers are relatively good ranging from the low $40Ks to over $100k. For detailed occupational salary, you may review the contents of each position by visiting the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Syracuse University's College of Engineering and Computer Science offers an online M.S. in Computer Engineering, teaching students to create groundbreaking hardware and software solutions, can be completed in as few as 15 months, and has GRE waivers available. A Bachelor's degree is required.
Click here for admissions information.
New Jersey Engineering School Spotlight
Mercer County Community College – This school is located in West Windsor, New Jersey. Students can earn an Associate in Applied Science degree with a major in Electronics Engineering Technology or an Associate in Science degree with a major in Engineering Science.
Rutgers University – The School of Engineering offers undergraduate and graduate level engineering programs. The areas of concentration includes applied sciences in engineering, bioenvironmental engineering, biomedical engineering, chemical and biochemical engineering, civil and environmental engineering, electrical and computer engineering, industrial and systems engineering, materials science and engineering, mechanical and aerospace engineering, and packaging engineering. These programs are offered on campus only.
New Jersey Institute of Technology – This school offers three masters degree programs in engineering; civil engineering, electrical engineering, and engineering management.
Stevens Institute of Technology – The Charles V. Schaefer, Jr. School of Engineering and Science has eight engineering major departments. Students can pursue a bachelor’s or a master’s degree in chemistry, chemical biology, biomedical engineering, chemical engineering and materials science, computer science, civil engineering, environmental and ocean engineering, physics, engineering physics, or mechanical engineering, mathematical science. Several of the master’s degree programs are offered online.
Many of the schools offer online engineering degree programs; Bergen Community College, Brookdale Community College, Burlington County College, Camden County College, Cumberland County College, DeVry University, Fairleigh Dickinson University Metropolitan Campus, Monmouth University, Ocean County College, Raritan Valley Community College, Stevens Institute of Technology, Thomas Edison State College, and the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey.
Top Engineering Employers in New Jersey
Two top New Jersey companies that use engineers are Johnson & Johnson and Lockheed Martin.
Johnson & Johnson is a manufacturer of pharmaceutical goods and medical devices. They’ve developed and marketed several brands, such as Band-Aid, Tylenol, Neutrogena skin products, Acuvue and Johnson’s baby products. Project, development and product management engineers help in the development and marketing of J&J products. This company has more than 13,000 employees at the NJ location.
Lockheed Martin is an American company that deals with defense, security, aerospace and other advanced technologies. Lockheed focuses on the development and marketing of the following areas: aeronautics; missiles and fire control; information systems & global solutions; space systems; and mission systems and training. Of the 5,600 employees working at LM, many are systems and mechanical engineers that have the role of designing the products and drawing up the designs.
List of Accredited Engineering Programs
Engineering Degree GuideUse the following Engineering Degree Guide to find degrees in all different types of engineering, and to find engineering schools in every state in the U.S.
Engineering Degrees by Level
Computer Engineering Degrees
Electrical Engineering Degrees
Engineering Management Degrees
Mechanical Engineering Degrees
Civil & Bio Engineering Degrees
Online Engineering Degrees
Engineering Schools by State
The Top Engineering Degrees Online
- Bachelors in Engineering
- Masters in Engineering
- Engineering Management
- Computer Engineering
- - MSCE | Online MSCE
- Software Engineering
- Hardware Engineering
- Online Computer Engineering
- Online Software Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Engineering Technology
- Mechatronics Engineering