- Featured Sponsored Online Engineering Programs & Short Courses:
- Vanderbilt UniversityM.Eng. in Engineering Management Online - Ranked in the top 15 globally. No GRE required.
- Purdue UniversityMS in Engineering Technology Online - 100% Online Master of Engineering Program
- MIT Sloan School of ManagementMIT Sloan Artificial Intelligence: Implications for Business Strategy online program - Develop an artificial intelligence integration plan online in 6 weeks, with MIT Sloan School of Management.MIT Sloan Machine Learning: Implementation in Business - Discover the opportunities for machine learning in business over 6 weeks online
- Harvard's VPALHarvard CRISPR: Gene-editing Applications online short course - Explore the applications and ethics of gene-editing in the Harvard VPAL CRISPR: Gene-editing Applications online short course.
The state has a number of fine academic institutions, and three of them - Brown University, Roger Williams University, and the University of Rhode Island - all offer degree programs in engineering. While all of these universities are in Rhode Island, their names are recognized nationally, and an engineering degree from any of these three schools can help put you on track for a rewarding career.
- Syracuse University's College of Engineering and Computer Science offers an online M.S. in Computer Engineering, teaching students to create groundbreaking hardware and software solutions, can be completed in as few as 15 months, and has GRE waivers available. A Bachelor's degree is required.
Click here for admissions information.
Each of the universities is in a different locality within the state, so you can have a different experience on and off campus wherever you decide to attend. Brown is located in Providence, while URI is in Kingston, and Roger Williams is located in Bristol. While Providence is the capitol of Rhode Island and the city with the largest population in the state, each university offers an entertaining and lively community for students. And more importantly, each university in Rhode Island offers high-quality engineering programs that can help students find a career about which they are passionate.
Brown University is widely known for providing a top-tier education in liberal arts, but Brown also offers a number of engineering programs, including master’s programs in Biomedical Engineering, Chemical and Biochemical Engineering’ and Electrical Sciences and Computer Engineering.
In addition, Brown offers a number of undergraduate degrees in engineering, such as those in civil engineering, computer engineering, electrical engineering, environmental engineering, mechanical engineering and more.
Meanwhile, the University of Rhode Island has unique undergraduate offerings such as degree programs in ocean engineering and international engineering, as well as a minor in nuclear engineering.
Because all of the Rhode Island engineering schools provide their own distinct advantages, a lot of thought and consideration will be needed to figure out which school is right for you. The University of Rhode Island is the only public school of the three, which makes it attractive particularly for in-state students due to its reasonable tuition rates. Additionally, the University of Rhode Island is the only school of the three that offers an ROTC program for interested students.
Top Engineering Employers in Rhode Island
One of the top engineering companies in Rhode Island is Associates Gaskell.
Associates Gaskell is an electrical engineering and consulting company that focuses on providing businesses with electrical and power distribution systems for buildings. While their staff only consists of about a dozen employees, they’re still able to offer plumbing, electrical mechanical and fire protection systems to various industries, including churches, education, hotels, municipalities, manufacturers and various other industries. Both electrical and mechanical engineers work at Asssociate Gaskeel with the mechanical engineer designing the products and the electrical engineer ensuring the electrical and electronic components run correctly.
List of Accredited Engineering Programs
Engineering Degree GuideUse the following Engineering Degree Guide to find degrees in all different types of engineering, and to find engineering schools in every state in the U.S.
Engineering Degrees by Level
Computer Engineering Degrees
Electrical Engineering Degrees
Engineering Management Degrees
Mechanical Engineering Degrees
Civil & Bio Engineering Degrees
Online Engineering Degrees
Engineering Schools by State
The Top Engineering Degrees Online
- Bachelors in Engineering
- Masters in Engineering
- Engineering Management
- Computer Engineering
- - MSCE | Online MSCE
- Software Engineering
- Hardware Engineering
- Online Computer Engineering
- Online Software Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Engineering Technology
- Mechatronics Engineering