- Featured Sponsored Online Engineering Programs & Short Courses:
- Vanderbilt UniversityM.Eng. in Engineering Management Online - Ranked in the top 15 globally. No GRE required.
- Purdue UniversityMS in Engineering Technology Online - 100% Online Master of Engineering Program
- MIT Sloan School of ManagementMIT Sloan Artificial Intelligence: Implications for Business Strategy online program - Develop an artificial intelligence integration plan online in 6 weeks, with MIT Sloan School of Management.MIT Sloan Machine Learning: Implementation in Business - Discover the opportunities for machine learning in business over 6 weeks online
- Harvard's VPALHarvard CRISPR: Gene-editing Applications online short course - Explore the applications and ethics of gene-editing in the Harvard VPAL CRISPR: Gene-editing Applications online short course.
- Syracuse University's College of Engineering and Computer Science offers an online M.S. in Computer Engineering, teaching students to create groundbreaking hardware and software solutions, can be completed in as few as 15 months, and has GRE waivers available. A Bachelor's degree is required.
Click here for admissions information.
Of the many engineering schools in Tennessee, most offer bachelor’s degrees in various kinds of engineering. For example, Christian Brothers University School of Engineering offers undergraduate programs in chemical engineering, civil engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering and engineering management.
The Tennessee Technological University College of Engineering offers programs in basic engineering, chemical engineering, civil and environmental engineering, electrical and computer engineering, manufacturing and engineering technology and mechanical engineering.
Tennessee Engineering Schools to Consider
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga boasts many of the same options for undergraduate engineering degrees, as well as a degree in “general engineering” and a combined degree in computer science and engineering.
Engineering programs are relatively well-scattered throughout the state, with the most options in Nashville and Knoxville.
For engineering students interested in pursuing graduate programs, options include Tennessee Technological University, Christian Brothers University and others. For example, at the University of Memphis Herff College of Engineering, students may take graduate courses of study in biomedical engineering, civil engineering, electrical and computer engineering, mechanical engineering and engineering technology. Depending on the concentration, the studies may culminate in either a master’s or a PhD degree.
Lipscomb University offers a Master’s of Science in Engineering Management as well as undergraduate engineering degrees in civil, environmental, electrical and computer, and mechanical engineering.
At the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, graduate students may earn their master’s degree in engineering, engineering management or computer science. It is also possible to earn a PhD in computational engineering.
Online Engineering Degrees in Tennessee
If you would prefer to study engineering online, the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is among the top online graduate programs in the nation, according to U.S. News and World Report. As of 2015, the school ranks at the seventh best online engineering program in the country.
The school’s graduate program in engineering management is given 100 percent online and uses interactive software for exchange with instructors, culminating in a master’s degree in engineering.
In addition to the many schools offering full engineering programs, Tennessee is home to multiple community colleges and technical institutes, where students can begin engineering studies.
While these schools do not award bachelor’s degrees, several of the Tennessee Technology Center campuses do offer associate’s degrees in various engineering fields. Upon completing these degrees, students may more easily transfer into full engineering programs elsewhere in the state.
Top Engineering Employers in Tennessee
Two large engineering firms in Tennessee are Carpenter Wright Engineers PLLC and Barge Cauthen & Associates.
Carpenter Wright Engineers PLLC is a consulting and engineering firm that specializes in structural engineering. They handle projects that include commercial and residential buildings, medical centers; corporate buildings, large structures and more. Their extensive engineering software allows them to also specialize in 2- and 3-story structures. They have around 25 employees. Structural engineers deal with the construction while mechanical engineers create the schematics, and software engineers work with the various software programs.
Barge Cauthen & Associates is a professional firm that provides architectural, civil engineering, construction planning and management services to both the private and public sectors. They focus on not just designing buildings but also designing driveways, roadways and landscaping. A large portion of their employee staff consists of civil engineers.
List of Accredited Engineering Programs
Engineering Degree GuideUse the following Engineering Degree Guide to find degrees in all different types of engineering, and to find engineering schools in every state in the U.S.
Engineering Degrees by Level
Computer Engineering Degrees
Electrical Engineering Degrees
Engineering Management Degrees
Mechanical Engineering Degrees
Civil & Bio Engineering Degrees
Online Engineering Degrees
Engineering Schools by State
The Top Engineering Degrees Online
- Bachelors in Engineering
- Masters in Engineering
- Engineering Management
- Computer Engineering
- - MSCE | Online MSCE
- Software Engineering
- Hardware Engineering
- Online Computer Engineering
- Online Software Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Engineering Technology
- Mechatronics Engineering