- Featured Sponsored Online Engineering Programs & Short Courses:
- Vanderbilt UniversityM.Eng. in Engineering Management Online - Ranked in the top 15 globally. No GRE required.
- Purdue UniversityMS in Engineering Technology Online - 100% Online Master of Engineering Program
- MIT Sloan School of ManagementMIT Sloan Artificial Intelligence: Implications for Business Strategy online program - Develop an artificial intelligence integration plan online in 6 weeks, with MIT Sloan School of Management.MIT Sloan Machine Learning: Implementation in Business - Discover the opportunities for machine learning in business over 6 weeks online
- Harvard's VPALHarvard CRISPR: Gene-editing Applications online short course - Explore the applications and ethics of gene-editing in the Harvard VPAL CRISPR: Gene-editing Applications online short course.
- Syracuse University's College of Engineering and Computer Science offers an online M.S. in Computer Engineering, teaching students to create groundbreaking hardware and software solutions, can be completed in as few as 15 months, and has GRE waivers available. A Bachelor's degree is required.
Click here for admissions information.
Overview of Engineering and Colleges in Vermont
Vermont is a very rural state, and if country living suits your tastes you cannot go wrong with some of the smaller schools such as Marlboro College or Champlain College. The University of Vermont is located in Burlington, which is the largest city available for such schools.
With a population of a little more than 42,000, it still ranks as the smallest American city to be the largest city in its respective state. It offers something of that city atmosphere, with bars, storefronts and festivals to keep students active. The University of Vermont in Burlington has about 12,500 students, so being a part of a larger group of people can take place here.
The same does not hold true for most Vermont schools, such as the Vermont Technical College, which offers engineering programs at Associates and Bachelors’ Degree levels. Its focus is in Architectural Engineering, not available at most other schools.
A Few Engineering Schools to Consider in Vermont
The University of Vermont is most likely the most commonly chosen school for engineering, with degree programs offered at all levels. It has programs in Biomedical, Civil and Environmental and Electrical Engineering, as well as programs in related matters such as Engineering Management.
The private Norwich University is another strong candidate for engineering with a strong forte in Computer Engineering, as well as Civil, Mechanical and other Engineering programs. Champlain College is another choice for Vermont Engineering schools. It has a strong program in Software Engineering.
Another option is represented by the Marlboro College Graduate School, with graduate courses offered in Computer Engineering.
Although both Marlboro College and Norwich University have online programs in engineering, Norwich is the only accredited school in Vermont to offer an online degree program, in Civil Engineering.
All of the schools mentioned above offer Bachelor’s degrees in some branch of Engineering. Champlain College offers programs in Software Engineering at the Bachelor’s level.
The University of Vermont offers the widest choice of focus areas for their Bachelor’s Degree programs, and the Vermont Technical College has Bachelor’s Programs in Architectural Engineering, as well as other areas.
Each of the schools mentioned previously offer Masters Level programs, with the exception of the Vermont Technical College. They only educate to the level of Bachelor’s Degree, but their credits are easily transferable for post graduate work elsewhere as a fully accredited institution.
List of Accredited Engineering Programs
Engineering Degree GuideUse the following Engineering Degree Guide to find degrees in all different types of engineering, and to find engineering schools in every state in the U.S.
Engineering Degrees by Level
Computer Engineering Degrees
Electrical Engineering Degrees
Engineering Management Degrees
Mechanical Engineering Degrees
Civil & Bio Engineering Degrees
Online Engineering Degrees
Engineering Schools by State
The Top Engineering Degrees Online
- Bachelors in Engineering
- Masters in Engineering
- Engineering Management
- Computer Engineering
- - MSCE | Online MSCE
- Software Engineering
- Hardware Engineering
- Online Computer Engineering
- Online Software Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Engineering Technology
- Mechatronics Engineering