- Featured Sponsored Online Engineering Programs & Short Courses:
- Vanderbilt UniversityM.Eng. in Engineering Management Online - Ranked in the top 15 globally. No GRE required.
- Purdue UniversityMS in Engineering Technology Online - 100% Online Master of Engineering Program
- MIT Sloan School of ManagementMIT Sloan Artificial Intelligence: Implications for Business Strategy online program - Develop an artificial intelligence integration plan online in 6 weeks, with MIT Sloan School of Management.MIT Sloan Machine Learning: Implementation in Business - Discover the opportunities for machine learning in business over 6 weeks online
- Harvard's VPALHarvard CRISPR: Gene-editing Applications online short course - Explore the applications and ethics of gene-editing in the Harvard VPAL CRISPR: Gene-editing Applications online short course.
Thousands of engineers retire yearly, so a strong and healthy demand for new laborers makes the engineering field worth the investment for students in Virginia seeking a full-time career in this educational field.
Online Engineering Degree Options in Virginia
By today’s standard, a reliable substitute for in-class education at an accredited university or program is the opportunity to study online. Currently in Virginia, Virginia Tech offers online engineering degrees along with Regis University and Liberty University to name a few.
- Syracuse University's College of Engineering and Computer Science offers an online M.S. in Computer Engineering, teaching students to create groundbreaking hardware and software solutions, can be completed in as few as 15 months, and has GRE waivers available. A Bachelor's degree is required.
Click here for admissions information.
Overview of Virginia Engineering Schools
There is an average of 4,072-student graduates with engineering degrees in Virginia. The state has 23 community colleges offering degrees in engineering and 11 public universities providing engineering to choose as a bachelor’s program.
A total of six, private universities, like Lee and Hampton Universities, provide engineering with an additional six, public universities with graduate programs in engineering.
About Engineering in Virginia
The specific areas of expertise for engineering graduates and undergraduates will include environmentalism, aerospace engineering, alternative energy solutions and potential developments with patent law. Engineers are seen as the modern-analytical thinkers of the world who offer ready solutions to many of the logistical obstacles that we may face as a society or independent nation.
For these reasons, engineers with the proper credentials in education are likely to find a suitable company or niche that fits their lifestyle and career expectations. The specific job sector for Virginian engineering and science has employed over 46,000 graduates with an expected increase of 1.74 percent by 2018.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, nuclear engineers in Virginia earn the highest of $101,010 since 2008 where civil engineers earned the least at $81,140.
The largest of these engineering program in Virginia is found at Stratford University in the city of Falls Church.
Top Engineering Employers in Virginia
AES Consulting Engineers and Alliance Engineering Inc. are two leading engineering firms in Virginia.
AES Consulting Engineers is an engineering and consulting firm that provides land development services for both the public and private sector. Some of its services include surveying, land planning, civil site design, landscape architecture and the public utilities design services. With the utilization of civil engineers and a staff of more than 200 employees, they assist in the design and construction of medical centers, hospitals, office buildings and single-family homes.
Alliance Engineering Inc. is a privately held company that has only about twenty employees but has engineers that specialize in various areas including instrumentation, civil, project management, HVAC, mechanical, electrical, chemical and plumbing, among others. Alliance provides full-service operations including planning, designing and construction management.
List of Accredited Engineering Programs
Engineering Degree GuideUse the following Engineering Degree Guide to find degrees in all different types of engineering, and to find engineering schools in every state in the U.S.
Engineering Degrees by Level
Computer Engineering Degrees
Electrical Engineering Degrees
Engineering Management Degrees
Mechanical Engineering Degrees
Civil & Bio Engineering Degrees
Online Engineering Degrees
Engineering Schools by State
The Top Engineering Degrees Online
- Bachelors in Engineering
- Masters in Engineering
- Engineering Management
- Computer Engineering
- - MSCE | Online MSCE
- Software Engineering
- Hardware Engineering
- Online Computer Engineering
- Online Software Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Engineering Technology
- Mechatronics Engineering